Finally Finishing a Scarf

Yesterday’s  project was finishing up a scarf I had sitting on my loom for a couple months!  I kept walking past my loom, feeling a little guilty for having a half finished project, but feeling very unmotivated to finish it because knitting and spinning have been my main focus lately.  Yesterday I decided to just get it done in order to free up my loom for a new project.
The yarn I used for the warp was leftover Yarn Love Anne Shirley from when I used to knit baby longies, and for the weft I used Lorna’s Laces Masham Worsted.  I lost the ball bands on both the yarns, so I can’t remember the names of the colorways.  Since both were worsted weight I used my 7.5 dent heddle. 
I hemstitched at the beginning and end of the scarf and then left the fringe long and used my hubby-made fringe twister to finish the ends.  I really like how it turned out, and it was a great stash buster.  I hope to make more of these scarves over the summer to put in my Etsy shop this fall.  It’s really fun to go through my stash, finding colorways that go together.  The great thing about weaving is that you can mix and match your yarns without worrying too much about matching the exact thickness.  In knitting, a slight difference in thickness can make a big difference in gauge,  but in weaving it just adds character to the finished project!







Comments

Popular Posts